Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Catholic College (OLSH) is registered as an education provider for full fee paying oversees students under the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). Our CRICOS Provider number 02598D appears on all College documents (i.e. letterheads, websites and publications) in accordance with requirements. Under the regulations, Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Catholic College is required to determine the international status of all students applying for enrolment, and to notify the College International Student Officer of any student who may be considered to be an international student.
Currently international students enrolled at OLSH are those who have family already residing in Alice Springs. The College does not provide boarding facilities and does not take responsibility for accommodation arrangements. The College, however, is currently investigating a possible arrangement with a homestay provider for those international students who do not have family in Alice Springs.
All students enrolled in our College who are residing in Australia on temporary resident visas are required to pay full tuition fees, there are some exemptions. The College International Student Officer will consult with the NT International Services Branch in the event that the status of a student is unclear.
The College is required to:
- monitor the welfare, attendance and academic performance of international students
- ensure that we comply with the ESOS Act and National Code and provide regular statistical data such student numbers and nationalities to DEST on international students
International Students' Code of Ethics
Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Catholic College commits to adhering by the Code of Ethics developed by Ministers of the Commonwealth, States and Territories responsible for education matters. This is directed at ensuring visiting students are financially protected from default by providers and otherwise protected from undesirable practices.
The National Code 2018 sets out guidelines for the ethical conduct of registered providers. The Commonwealth maintains a register of courses available to international students and the organisations approved to provide those courses. The States and Territories advise the Commonwealth on courses and providers to be admitted to the register. Providers will comply with conditions of registration. The Code covers:
- provision of Education and Training Services
- marketing of Education and Training Services
- providers’ Financial Standards
- student Information
- student Recruitment and Placement
- student Support Services
This Code is available to prospective students through the College.
Admission Requirements for International Students
All applicants are required to meet the criteria laid down by the Australian Government for the issue of a student visa. These requirements are:
- need to meet English language requirements
- enrolment as a full time student
- no outstanding debts to the Commonwealth of Australia
- sufficient financial support to cover all expenses incurred during the stay in Australia
- if under the age of 18 years, need to live with parent or legal custodian or a relative over the age of 21 and all persons in household over the age of 15 years must have a Working With Children clearance
- be of good character
- be of good health
- have acceptable health insurance to cover the period of your stay (OSHC)
- agree to return home on completion of studies
It should be noted that each application is assessed on its own merits
How do International Students Apply to Enrol?
Prospective international students or their family/guardians should contact the College with all relevant details on the student wishing to study at the College. The Preliminary Application to Enrol at Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Catholic College should be completed. If the visa / passport or letter issued from immigration granting a visa is in place a readable copy of all relevant pages of the passport and or letter must be attached with the preliminary application form. This information is to be sent to International Student Officer at Central Administration so that verification of study entitlements can be checked through immigration. Once the student is approved to study in Australia or granted a visa to study the full College Enrolment Form must be completed.
Download PRELIMINARY APPLICATION TO ENROL as an International Student
Download International Student Fee and Uniform Information
Download OLSH International Student Handbook
Download Essential additional policies and related documents for international students